The school values the important part that parents/carers play in their children’s education and sees partnership with parents/carers as an effective way of enhancing children’s achievements and promoting better school ethos and communication.
During the school day:
- Sharing knowledge and expertise in some aspect of the curriculum (e.g. topic talk), history, science, health
- Practical activities in science, maths, social subjects, health education (e.g. first aid) or technology
- Reading stories to groups of children, playing reading/phonics games
- Supporting educational visits/trips
- School concerts – making costumes, props, supervision of children
- Road safety – iCycle Training
- Sharing career information
- Supporting learning in practical activities in science, maths, social subjects, health education (eg first aid, technology, etc)
- Supporting other classroom learning on a voluntary basis e.g. reading stories to groups of children, playing reading/phonics games
- Visiting nursery or school to share your child’s learning.
Outwith the school day:
- Fundraising events
- Trips, e.g. sporting events, concerts
- Wider-curricular activities, e.g. coaching, sports/STEM clubs/dancing/school grounds – maintenance of garden/woodland areas
- Joining the Parent Council.
If you wish to be a regular parent helper, PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) checks must be completed. Please discuss this with staff.